Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grapes looking good !

Grapes are looking good so far. Leaves show no signs of PM, DM, or black rot.

Harvest should be in 3 weeks or so. It seems that we may be behind by a week or two this year.

I'm now modifying my press to accomodate the newly acquired larger pressing basket that I obtained while visiting my son on the east coast last year. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Also need to wash the crusher/destemmer and get it ready for later this month.

So far I've been able to keep the birds out of the nets. I did a much better job of "clipping" the nets this year especially aroung the posts and trunks. Losses from birds eating the grapes "through" the netting is still minimal. And, the electric fence is keeping out the raccoons so far.

It won't be long now......












No comments: